Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Little Kicker

Today I am 12 weeks and 1 day pregnant!! 2nd Trimester here I come!!! I am looking forward to hopefully more energy and less nausea! I'm still not "showing" so I'm looking forward to that as well. I bought my first pair of maternity pants this weekend. I guess I don't need them quite yet but my regular pants are getting a little snug so I figured it would be a nice option for work.

Last week I had my 2nd doctor's appointment. We went at 11 weeks and 3 days so the doctor wanted to see if we could hear the heart beat. She used a hand held device where she pressed the wand on my lower stomach and we were supposed to hear 2 heart beats....mine and the babies. She tried and tried for a while, well it seemed like forever, but couldn't pick up the babies heart beat. Joe said that he wanted to grab the wand out of her hand and try himself. He retrained himself though:) I was trying not to worry but of course I had a million thoughts racing through my head. She seemed calm though and explained that sometimes at 11 weeks it is still too early to hear.

The doctor said since we couldn't hear the baby we would get to take a look at it again. So she brought in the ultra sound machine and I waited with bated breath!!!! But there it was....our sweet little baby, much bigger this time and now it was kicking its little legs and moving its little arm buds. I think our adorable baby just wanted us to see it again and show us its new tricks:). And of course we saw the little fluttering heart beat just as strong as it needed to be. It is so amazing to see a little tiny baby that is inside of ME!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Brenda Hatch said...

Our remember having almost that SAME appt. She couldn't find the heart beat forever either. I was getting all sweaty and nervous. Felt like I was gonna faint. Finally after like 5 minutes she found his heart beat. Gosh, give me a heart attack!!!

I didn't show until 6 or 7 months. Kinda sucks cuz you're prego but no one can tell. You'll probably show sooner than I did though since your skinny :)

Jenny Knudsen said...

I am so excited for you. The second trimester is so much better! I am about to start my third trimester in a couple of weeks and am so excited. We are having a boy. Wait till you can feel those kicks. I told Andrew I feel like I am getting beat up from the inside out! :)

kellyballard said...

yahoo for you girl - love it!

Es said...

Congrats! I can tell you are both so excited. What a wonderful time for you. Just reading this makes me want another! Enjoy every minute. I get sick too, but it always went away around the 4th month and the best part is still to come, holding your beautiful bundle of joy! I am really happy for you.

Es said...

try seabands for nausea. they worked well for me-took the edge off...

Nutts said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!! Get ready for the ride of your life, it is so much fun!